HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw
The introduction of wireless technology has made every other thing conventional and obsolete. The ease of use, setup and practical workability has made the technology grow drastically over the years. Even though this is a recent innovation, almost every device has got this feature incorporated. This shows the potential that technology has in the future. Printers undeniably one of the must-have in a workplace or at homes, have also harnessed the wireless technology to connect with other devices and make the printing process much easier. Read this blog to find out how to connect HP Laserjet Pro MFP m130nw to wi-fi.
What Comes in the Box?
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw printer
- Power cord
- USB cables
- Easy start guide
- HP ink cartridges
How can I Connect HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw to Wi-Fi?
You can use two methods to connect HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw to Wi-Fi.
- Using the wireless setup wizard
- Using the WPS button
The WPS button method is the simplest one while comparing between the two, but the only limitation is the modem should also have a WPS button for the devices to pair. If you have the latest modem that sports a WPS button, you can establish the connection within a minute.
Using the Wireless Setup Wizard
- Use the control panel on the printer to establish the connection between the computer and the printer.
- The ultimate aim is to connect the devices to the same network so that the devices can communicate with each other.
- Your control panel sports a touch screen so use your fingers to navigate to the options you want to choose and gently press the icon if you want to open it.
- Swipe left on your control panel to find the “setup” or “settings” option.
- Once you find the option, click on it.
- You can toggle between the options to select the “network settings” form the options.
- Under this, you can find the “wireless menu”. From here go on to select “wireless setup wizard”.
- Give it a few seconds as the device scans for the available networks within the device’s range.
- Select the network you want the device to connect to.
- Once you select the network, enter the right security key for the network you’ve chosen.
- Make sure to enter the security key correctly as they are unique and case sensitive.
If you cannot find your network on the list, try refreshing the list or you can follow the steps below.
- Enter the SSID name.
- Make sure to exactly copy the name, including the case of the letter.
- Now, click on “continue”.
- Your network should be on the list now.
- When your printer connects to the network, the wireless light will illuminate, indicating a successful connection.
Using the WPS Button
- Your printer comes with the WPS button on it. WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected setup.
- Using the WPS button, you can directly connect the device to the network without breaking a sweat.
- The aim is to pair both the devices, so think of this as your regular old Bluetooth pairing.
- Push the WPS button on both your modem and the printer simultaneously.
- This will trigger the devices to pair with each other.
- Give it a minute or so. The devices will eventually pair within that time.
- If not, try powering ON and OFF the WPS buttons on your devices again.
- This is the easiest method available to connect your device to the wireless network.
What if Something Goes Wrong During the Wireless Setup?
It is common for an electronic device to face a technical glitch or errors as they undergo heavy usage that subjects them to a lot of wear and tear. Most of these errors can be resolved on your own, so follow the steps below if you face any issues during the wireless setup of your printer.
- Restarting the printer and computer can resolve most of the issues. Minor glitches that occur from time to time can be resolved by restarting your devices.
- No obstacles. Make sure there are not a lot of things in between the router and the printer. Placing them closer to each other can help you with the connectivity.
- Wireless setup wizard. WPS is undoubtedly the easiest choice to connect the device to a network, but we would suggest you not to try too hard. Use the setup wizard to connect HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw to wi-fi.
- Firewall protection. If you are using the printer in a workplace, the firewall on your computer or laptop will block the addition of the new device to the ecosystem. So make sure to disable it if you want the printer to connect to your system.
Do you have any doubts regarding how to connect HP LaserJet Pro MFP m130nw to wi-fi? Contact our technical support team who are more than happy to solve your issues @ +1-888-214-7210 or visit HP printer setup.
Related Article: How To Setup HP Printer to Wi-fi Network.