Overview Of HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer
This printer is the best option to use for office purposes as it increases productivity. It is an all-in-one printer. Thus it can perform the copy, scan and print operation effectively. In addition, it supports the HP ePrint functionality which is an added advantage.
Procedure To Setup The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer
To perform the 123.hp.com/setup 6978, start with the initial configuration.
- Firstly, the printer must be free from the packaging materials.
- Secondly, use the power cord to connect the printer to a power source.
- Now turn ON the printer.
- Nextly, connect the printer to a high – speed internet connection.
- Then set the preferences in your control panel.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the ink cartridge access door slowly. Check whether the ink cartridge is in proper alignment.
- Pull the input tray and load sheets of white paper on the input tray.
- Make sure the papers are in good condition to avoid jamming of the paper while printing.
- Also, choose the appropriate printhead alignment settings on the printer’s control panel.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup – 123.hp.com/setup 6978
After completing the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Setup, perform the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 wireless setup.
Initially, make the necessary arrangements and gather the below components :
- A high-speed internet connection
- Network name
- Password or the network key
- A system that is in connection to your network.
- A printer that is ready for performing the wireless setup
Then choose any of the below options and complete the wireless setup process :
- Wi-fi Protected setup
- Using the HP Smart app
- Wi-fi Direct
- Wireless Setup Wizard
Procedure To Install HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Drivers
On completion of the wireless setup perform the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver install step. A driver acts as the translator between the printer and the computer. Hence performing the driver download is important. On completing the initial setup and connecting the printer to your network, start the driver download process.
- To start with, visit the HP website.
- Nextly, click the printers tab.
- Now, in the search tab type the appropriate printer name.
- You will see a list of options in the search results.
- Now, choose a driver that is compatible with your device.
(Note: Make sure that the driver you choose is the latest one.)
- Then click the download option.
- Now, the download of the driver will start.
After the download is complete, perform the installation of the driver in your system.
How Will You Scan Using 123.hp.com/setup 6978?
Are you in search of instructions on how to scan using HP OfficeJet Pro 6978? Then have a read.
- To start with, check the OS that you are using.
- Then load the documents that you want to scan on the document feeder.
- Nextly, double click the printer icon.
- Now, choose your appropriate printer name.
- Nextly, click the scan a document option.
(Note: You will have to choose the type of scan.)
- You can save the scanned document either as a PDF file or a JPEG.
On following the above steps one-by-one, you can perform the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 scan to computer process.
Steps To Perform HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting Issues
Are you facing HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 troubleshooting issues such as HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 not printing and HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 driver unavailable? Then try following the below steps carefully.
- If you are facing the printer will not print issue then try deleting the print jobs in the queue.
- In addition, check whether the power cord is in connection with both the source and the printer properly.
- Then try using the HP Print and Scan Doctor feature.
- For using it, visit the https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/printscandoctor
- Then perform the download.
- Once the download is over, run the PSDR.
- Finally, select your appropriate printer and click the fix printing option.
- To solve the driver is unavailable issue, check whether the driver is compatible with your system.
- In addition, check whether the driver is the latest one.
- If not uninstall the drivers that are present currently in your system and reinstall new drivers on your system.
Do refer to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 manual for instructions regarding 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 setup. For further assistance and clarification about the printer, feel free to call our customer support team @ +1-805-980-0400 or visit 123.hp.com/setup.