HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer Setup
HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is all in one printer. You can use this for printing, scanning and faxing. It has a user-friendly touch screen. This printer supports to process Eprint, Air print, and cloud print. Check out for more 123.hp.com/setup 3830 guidance.
- Obtain energy star certification.
- The printing speed is 20 pages per minute.
- Input paper tray capacity is 60 pages.
- The output paper tray capacity is 25 pages.
- It has the auto document feeder and can use 35 sheets in the auto document feeder.
Initial steps for the 123.hp.com/setup 3830
What is inside the box?
- The HP office jet 3830 printer.
- HP 63 setup tricolor cartridge which can be used for 100 pages.
- HP 63 setup black cartridge which can be used for 165 pages.
- Power cord.
- Regulatory flyer.
- Setup poster.
Unpacking of the printer to proceed with
- First, unpack the printer and place it in a safe place to carry on with HP Officejet 3830 Printer Setup
- Peel off the coverings from the printer.
- Once you remove the coverings sent all the cardboard waste again to the HP as they recycle the waste again.
- Make sure to check whether all the things are been delivered with the printer.
- Keep in mind to place the printer in a safe place without causing any damage to it.
Power up the printer
- Connect the power cable to the printer.
- Then connect the other end of the power cord to the power slot on the wall.
- Give the safe power supply to the printer.
Inserting the ink cartridge
- Take the black cartridge that came along with the printer.
- Hold the ink cartridge carefully on the black plastic.
- Peel the plastic paper found on the ink cartridge.
- Then insert the ink cartridge to its particular slots.
- Follow the same steps to insert the tricolor cartridge.
- Once all the ink cartridge is inserted into their slots then allow the printer to print the alignment page.
Loading the paper
- Load the suitable A4 sheets paper on the input tray.
- Before loading the sheets gather the knowledge about the capacity of your input tray.
Note: HP office jet printer can support paper capacity up to 60 pages
- Once you load the paper move the paper width guide until it touches the edge of the paper.
To setup HP Officejet 3830 Printer
- Power up the printer.
- complete the general settings, add the time and date, select the language that you prefer and select the location on the printer panel.
- Once all these steps are done setup HP Officejet 3830 Printer proceed to complete the wireless setup instruction.
What to do to make the wireless connection on 123.hp.com/setup 3830?
There are two methods to get the wireless connection to your printer.
- Wireless wizard method.
- WPS method.
Requirements to make the wireless network on the printer.
- SSID – The name of the network.
- WEP or WAP – password for the network.
Steps to connect HP OfficeJet 3830 Wireless using the Wireless Wizard Method
- Touch the wireless option found on the touch screen panel of the printer.
- Enter the settings of the printer.
- After selecting HP oj 3830 wireless setup settings, enter the wireless wizard option and enable it.
- Once you get the appropriate search result of your network, get connected with the network by entering the password.
- If your network is not available on the search result, then enter the SSID name on the search tab.
- As soon as you establish the network the blue light will blink on the panel.
Steps to connect HP OfficeJet 3830 Wireless using the WPS method
Before starting the WPS method make sure this method is applicable and compatible with your printer and your router
The WPS method has two type
- Push-button type
- Pin method
Here we will explain to you the simple and easy push-button method
- First, make sure that your printer and the router has the push button
- For this refer your HP OfficeJet 3830 manual and your router’s manual
- Turn on the push button on the printer and the router
- Once if the printer establishes the network then blue light blinks on the printer panel
HP OfficeJet 3830 Driver installation
You can download the driver by two methods
Steps to download the HP OfficeJet 3830 driver and update your printer
- Your printer will receive the pop-up notification once you get connected to the network
- It is your choice to choose whether you prefer the windows or mac to download the driver
- But make sure that your system is compatible with the installation of the driver from the mac
- Before you download the driver check that your printer and system is connected to the same wireless
- And also make sure that you add your printer to the system
- Once you connect your printer to the computer, browse to the hp.com/oj3830, and search for the model
- As you get the appropriate result then start to download the file
- Get the file from the download file of your system
- Then allow the file by accepting the license and install it on your printer
- Ensure that you download the driver which is compatible with your printer
- Or else it might lead you to the troubleshooting issue
- If any changes or issues persist after the installation of the driver, then make the print of the alignment page and check where the issue persists
How to Connect HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer to the windows?
- On the printer software select the utility option
- There select the printer setup and software option
- Choose the connect new printer option
- You will get the add printer option
- Search for your printer’s name and add to the system
How to Connect the HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer to the MAC?
- On your Apple device, enter the system preference option on the settings
- Click the print & scan, print & fax option depending on the operating system
- Then you can find the + symbol below the list of printers
- If your printer’s name is visible add the printer to the list or enter your printer’s name and add it to your system
Steps to connect 123.hp.com/setup 3830 using a mobile device/apple device
123.hp.com/setup 3830 E-print
- Download the HP smart app on your mobile device
- Then ensure that you connect both your mobile and the printer to the same wireless network
- Choose the document or photo that you need to print
- Confirm the print settings and proceed to print the document
123.hp.com/setup 3830 Air print
- Check whether that your printer and the Apple device is connected to the same wireless network
- Enable the air print option
- Select the file that you need to print
- Then proceed to print the file
123.hp.com/setup 3830 Cloud print
- On your mobile device or system enter to the Google cloud print option
- Register your printer to the Google cloud print option and proceed with the onscreen instruction
- The Google cloud will automatically detect the registered printer
- Once the registration is completed, you can print from the Google cloud print
How to copy using the 123.hp.com/oj3830?
- Load the required paper to the input tray
- On the home screen, tap the copy option
- Enter the number of copies required
- Touch the start black or start color option to start to copy
How to scan using the 123.hp.com/oj3830?
- Load the needed paper to the input paper tray
- Tap the scan option on the home screen
- Select the computer from which you need to scan
- Choose the type of scan that you need
- Tap OK option to start the scanning
How to fax using the 123.hp.com/oj3830?
To send the fax from the printer control panel follow these steps.
- Load the paper to the input tray.
- On the home screen tap the fax option.
- Select the send now option.
- Enter the fax number and confirm the ok option.
- Select the black or color that you need to fax.
You can also fax using the windows, MAC, and phone.
To resolve 123 HP Officejet 3830 setup and offline errors
If you are worried that your HP OfficeJet 3830 offline and HP OfficeJet 3830 won’t print follow these steps to resolve your issues.
- If your printer goes offline then check whether that the offline mode is enabled.
- Check whether that the software that you download is compatible with the printer.
- Make the alignment page and check the place of issue.
- If your HP printer doesn’t work, then check whether there is any paper jam has happened.
- Check whether that there is a paper on the paper input tray.
- Ensure that there is ink cartridge or else if it is empty then refill the cartridge.
- Make the print head alignment properly.
- Ensure that you have a healthy network connection while you follow HP Officejet 3830 Printer Setup guidelines
How to 123.hp.com/oj3830 Setup?
First, unpack the printer, make the initial settings, connect the wireless network and start to download the driver from the HP site
How to connect the wireless connection in the 123.hp.com/oj3830?
On the settings enter the wireless wizard option. Once you get the search result of the available network. Enter the SSID and enter the password. By using this method you can get the connection with the wireless network
How to scan using 123.hp.com/oj3830?
Tap the scan option on the home page of the printer panel. Select the computer that you are going to scan and select the scan type and tap ok to scan
How to copy using the 123.hp.com/oj3830?
Load the paper and tap the copy option on the home screen and select the file that you need to copy and enter the number of copies that you need. Confirm OK to copy